What to see in Corsica in 4 days: 2 itineraries for your holiday
- Published: 20-04-2018
- Category: Things to Do
Have you only four days available and want your next vacation on the island of beauty to be simply unforgettable? We can give you what you need: two different itineraries that will make you discover what to see in Corsica in four days.
Itinerary #1: the north coast
- First day: Bastia. The first stage of the itinerary is the main city of the northern coast of the island: among the most beautiful places to see in Bastia, there are the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, the chapel of Our Lady of Monserrato, Boulevard Paoli and Place Saint-Nicolas.
- Second day: Saint Florent. Of this ancient fishing village, the first thing to see can only be the old seaside district. Then, it’s time for small and charming beaches, such as Saleccia. The second day will be dedicated to total relaxation.
- Third day: the desert. You will visit one of the most peculiar places in Corsica. The désert des Agriates is a wilderness area, made of Mediterranean scrub, small shrubs and dream beaches.
- Fourth day: Ile-Rousse. This town is famous especially for its beaches: plage de Caruchetu, plage de Bodri and plage de Lozari will give you indelible memories.
Itinerary #2: the south coast
- First day: Porto Vecchio. Some of the most beautiful beaches in Corsica are right here: places such as Palombaggia and Rondinara would not even need any introduction and will allow you to understand why Corsica is renamed the island of beauty.
- Second day: Bonifacio. The city overlooking the homonymous white cliffs will welcome you during the second day of the itinerary: you will walk in the citadel and admire, among the many places, the Marina, the Eglise Sainte-Marie-Majeure and the Escalier du Roi d’Aragon.
- Third day: Sartène. It is a picturesque medieval town built on a rock: in the old part, the lodges are built in granite, and granite are also the paved streets.
- Fourth day: Propriano. Overlooking the Gulf of Valinco, it is a popular seaside town.
How to get there
The two starting points of the routes we have suggested are, respectively, Bastia and Porto Vecchio. These two cities are easy to reach: the ferries, in both cases, depart from Piombino and will allow you to get to the island of beauty.
One last tip: on the ferry, also board a car, so you can move freely and follow all the stages of the routes.Related articles