Spending August 15th in Corsica: 3 ideas for a pleasant vacation
- Published: 27 July 2016
- Category: Things to Do
How to spend August 15th in Corsica? Well, the island of beauty is very large, as you can imagine. And the things to do and to see are really several.
To spend this day (that is considered the “main day” of the summertime) in the best way, we have three good ideas in three different parts of the island of beauty.
Idea #1: Ajaccio
- Morning. Saint-François is one of the most beautiful beaches in Ajaccio. It is located near the city centre and there are many services available.
- Afternoon. Scandola nature reserve is one of the most beautiful places in Corsica. Every day, and especially in Summer, several boat tours bring visitors to visit it.
- Evening & night. Usually, the fireworks show on the waterfront is a very anticipated event. After this, just one hour by car and you will reach The Blue Moon of Porticcio, one of the most famous clubs of Corsica.
Idea #2: Bonifacio
- Morning. Rondinara is one of the most beautiful beaches in Corsica. Just forty minutes by car and you will reach a place that can be described using just one adjective: paradisiacal.
- Afternoon. In Bonifacio there are several places that you surely haven’t visited yet, such as escalier du Roi d’Aragon and the aquarium. Spend the afternoon to walk along the narrow streets of the old citadel.
- Evening & night. Nothing better than a good dinner in one of the traditional restaurants. After, the Strait of Bonifacio gives incomparable and romantic views.
Idea #3: Calvi
- Morning and afternoon. Take you car or your motorcycle. Drive along the N197 road towards east. There’s the north coast of Corsica to visit: the recommended stages of this itinerary are Lumio, Algajola, Ile-Rousse and plage de Lozari.
- Evening. After a good dinner in one of the restaurants in the old town centre of Calvi, La Camargue awaits you: this club is a real must.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/voyages-lambert