The Citrus festival 2017 of Bastelicaccia: discover a flavour of Corsica
- Published: 8-02-2017
- Category: Events
Corsica is a constant surprise. Even in winter. Because, no one would associate the island of beauty with citrus fruits. Yet, it is another one of the typical products of Corsica. So important that an event is dedicated to them: the Citrus festival Les agrumes en fête, that will take place in Bastelicaccia on February 25-26, 2017.
The eleventh edition of the Citrus festival is an appointment both for producers (who, in these two days, will meet) and for enthusiasts. In the various stands, it will be possible to find first quality citrus fruits. In addition to this, breakfast for all with the typical Corsican products.
A territory to discover
- First: Bastelicaccia is located near Ajaccio. In one day, you can discover some of the best places to see attractions of the main city of Corsica, such as the cathedral, the Citadel, the imperial chapel and Place Foch.
- Also the surroundings reserve many places to visit: for example, Scandola Nature Reserve, the archaeological site of Filitosa, the nature reserve of Girolata.
- Although it is winter, the beaches of Ajaccio will give you beautiful views: landscapes that you will want to revisit in summer.
How to get there
As already said, Bastelicaccia is located not far from Ajaccio, one of the most important ports where ferries to Corsica dock. To get there:
- Take the T20 road towards the airport.
- Take the T40 road towards east.
- Take Chemin de Budiccie towards Route de Bottaccina and follow the road signs to Bastelicaccia.
The journey by car takes about twenty minutes.
For further information about the 2017 Citrus festival in Corsica (complete program, any changes), please visit the official event website, Fetedesagrumes.com.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/14667436@N02Related articles