The Corsican desert: these are the 5 most beautiful beaches
- Published: 14-06-2017
- Category: Places to See
The Agriates desert is one of the most beautiful places on the island of beauty. To be discovered by motorcycle, it becomes a great idea even for those who want to enjoy only sun, sea and so much relaxation. Especially on these five beaches.
- Plage de Fiume Santo. Let’s start with the small bay of Fiume Santo. Here, for the sake of accuracy, there are three small and beautiful beaches, all of white sand and overlooking a sea of a spectacular turquoise color. Plage de Fiume Santo can be reached by sea (recommended solution) or by taking a secondary road from the famous Doganieri trail.
- Plage de Loto. You will be lucky enough to admire one of the most beautiful beaches in Northern Corsica. It is an uncontaminated beach, almost wild. Transparent water and fine and white sand are the elements that make it unique. Plage de Loto, although not very easy to reach, has low backdrops and is therefore also indicated for those who are spending a holiday with children.
- Plage de Saleccia. Isolated, wild. A beauty that leaves breathless. A beauty made of crystalline water, fine and white sand, soft dunes, green mediterranean scrub, a pine forest where to rest during the hottest hours of the day or to enjoy pleasant walks. Reaching it is not easy (you have to walk a dirt path) but, we can assure you, it’s worth it.
- Plage de Ghignu. It is reached by one of the many trails that cross the Agriates desert. Footpath that goes directly to the beach. Once you arrive, a half-moon beach of pink sand touched by a sea of an intense turquoise color will open in front of you.
- Plage d’Ostriconi. Not too far from Ile-Rousse, plage d’Ostriconi is about seven hundred meters long and is one of the wildest beaches in Corsica. There are several trails that lead to plage d’Ostriconi but be careful not to underestimate the slope.
Now, you have to be careful not to make a mistake. Because, if these five are the most beautiful, they are certainly not the only beaches of the Agriate desert: the coast of this part of Corsica is like a constant surprise.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/60573183@N00Related articles