Corsica: the 10 most beautiful beaches of this island
- Published: 10-03-2015
- Category: Places to See
1. Rondinara – This is one of the most renewed beaches of Corsica. It is located halfway between Porto Vecchio and Bonifacio. Rondinara is a white sand beach, protected by two headlands. A fabulous place.
2. Palombaggia – Another famous (and beautiful, of course) beach of southern Corsica. Blue and turquoise are the nuances of the sea, and the beach is a strip of white sand, with small rocks that rise from the sea. This beach has only one flaw: it is very crowded in summer.
3. Roccapina – Small hills surround and protect this fine white sand beach: this is Roccapina, near Bonifacio. It is reachable via a short dirt road. On the beach there is a crouched lion shaped rock.
4. Santa Giulia – It is near Palombaggia (a good idea is to visit both of them). Here the visitor can admire a two kilometers long white sand beach. The beach is very crowded in summer.
5. Saint-François – It is located exactly in the center of Ajaccio. It is a quiet beach, with very few services.
6. Iles Sanguinaires – Four red porphyry islands. This little archipelago is near Ajaccio, they are mostly rocky with several inlets.
8. Ile-Rousse – Several services are available on this beach, in the centre of Ile-Rousse. Behind the beach there is the famous Promenade de la Marinella.
9. Baia di Stagnolu – A dream location, with small sandbanks, and a turquoise-emerald sea.
10. San Cipriano – The tenth of the most beautiful beaches of Corsica. Whiteness of the sand and water clarity are incomparable.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/terrettaRelated articles