Corsica: the 7 most beautiful villages to visit during your holidays
- Published: 31-07-2015
- Category: Places to See
Corsica habituated you to see wonderful beaches and sea. But your journey does not end here. There is another island, made of small towns surrounded by nature and overlooking picturesque bays. An island to discover by visiting the 7 most beautiful villages of Corsica.
- Ghisoni. It is one of the most beautiful places in Corsica, and this should be enough to give an idea. It is a Sixteenth century lovely town that has retained its original charm. It is located in the eastern part of the island of beauty.
- Propriano. A renowned tourist locations that overlooks the Gulf of Valinco, on the southern coast of the island. It is famous for its large white beach.
- Sartène. A picturesque medieval old town built on the top of a small rocky hill, in the southern part of the island. The houses in the old part are granite and the winding streets are paved with granite.
- Castagniccia. In this case, it is a region of Corsica, full of chestnut tree forests and small picturesque villages. Three, in particular: La Porta, Piedicroce, Valle-d’Alesani.
- Porto. It is recommended for those who want to enjoy a day of total relaxation. Porto is a popular seaside town on the west coast, where you can breathe the atmosphere of a town overlooking the sea.
- Piana. It is a charming village, in front there is the homonymous gulf, behind there is monte Cinto. In this place, don’t miss the calanche: depending on the hour of day, the color of these granite formations changes from red to orange.
- Cargèse. There is the village that might be called “the city of the two churches”, the Latin one and the Greek one. Even Cargèse is located in the western part of the island.
These are the seven most beautiful villages of Corsica. Places to discover while you are spending your vacation here.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/thierrysanchisRelated articles