Corsican chess circuit 2017: 5 stages for the real chess lovers
- Published: 18 October 2017
- Category: Events
Officially, it started in Paris last September 16th. In October, it will move on the island of beauty. We are talking about the 2017 edition of the Corsican chess circuit, a simply unmissable appointment for all chess lovers.
The stages of the Corsican chess circuit will be:
- Bastia, from 21 to 27 October: Open Oscaro and Open Fusella;
- Bastia, October 24: Blitz Coca-Cola;
- Ajaccio, October 29: tournament finals.
To these, you must also add the stages of the Trophée des Jeunes – BNP Paribas:
- Bastia, October 27;
- Ajaccio, October 29.
There will be about five hundred chess players, among the best chess players in the world, who will compete for a total of 175,000 euros.
Two cities to visit
As you may have noticed, most of the various stages will be held in two of the most beautiful cities of the whole Corsica. We are, of course, talking about Ajaccio and Bastia. And it would be worth the visit.
- Ajaccio. In one day, you can see the most important attractions of the main inhabited center of Corsica. Immediately afterwards, there are also the surroundings to discover.
- Bastia. From the west coast we move to the north coast. Among the most beautiful places in Bastia there are St. John the Baptist cathedral, Governor’s Palace and St. Nicholas Square. And if you are hiking lovers, or if you never move without your motorcycle, there is the so-called Corsica finger at a short distance.
How to get
There is nothing simpler. Both Ajaccio and Bastia, in fact, are two of the main ports for ferries to Corsica. Every day, there are several routes throughout the day. To move from one city to another, it’s better to take a car on the ferry.
For more information on Corsican chess circuit 2017 (full program, date changes, how to participate), you can consult the official website of the event, Corse-echecs.com.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/cuppini