Estivoce festival 2015: holiday between music, poetry, painting
- Published: 9-06-2015
- Category: Events
Culture, art and traditions of the place you are visiting are an essential part of your holiday. If you will be in north Corsica from July 11 to 13, there is a place that you have to visit: it’s the small village of Pigna, (you can see it in the picture), where Estivoce festival 2015 will take place.
- July 11, 7pm: exhibition of paintings and recitation of poems by Tunisian artist Ahmed Ben Dhiab
- July 11, 9pm: La Sainte Folie Fantastique ensemble plays villanelles of southern Italy
- July 12, 7pm: Armelle Choquard and Jan-Mari Carlotti meet the authors of poetic texts of ancient Indian culture and Occitan culture
- July 12, 9pm: Pallett Music (Iran) and Zamaballarana (Corsica) ensembles revisits the traditional songs of their cultures
- July 13: from 9pm, concerts and parades will animate the streets and the squares of Pigna.
How to get there
The main town near Pigna is Ile-Rousse, on the northern coast of Corsica, where ferries dock. Once in Ile-Rousse, to get to Pigna you have to take the D151 road towards south.
Between concerts and exhibitions
Music is important but there are several other things to do and to see. Since you are there, you can:
For more information about Estivoce festival 2015, visit the official website of the event, Centreculturelvoce.org.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/michaloRelated articles