Festimonti 2017: Corsica for trekking Lovers
- Published: 15 September 2017
- Category: Events
For all lovers of trekking and hiking (enthusiasts just like you, who don’t miss any opportunity to put the boots in the suitcase and leave), the mountains of Corsica can be considered an authentic paradise. And if, as mentioned, you only need a good opportunity to organize a trip, we can provide you: it’s Festimonti 2017, which will be held in Carbuccia and surroundings on the 23rd and 24th September.
Since 2001, the year of the first edition, the festival has taken a long way and today are expected more than 4 participants. Festimonti became the main event of the late summer.
In the Gravona valley, numerous activities are planned, such as:
- Excursions on foot, by bike or on horseback;
- Riding courses, orientation, trekking, canyoning, paragliding.
In addition, there is activities designed specifically for children.
How to get there
Ajaccio is the main tourist port (as well as one of the most important ports where ferries arrive to Corsica) near Carbuccia. To arrive, you must:
- take the T21 to the airport;
- when you arrive near the airport, take the T20 northbound;
- once you arrive at the park of a Cupulatta, take the D129 and the D29 following the signs for Carbuccia.
The journey in the car lasts about three quarters of an hour.
For more information about Festimonti 2017 (complete program, how to participate, any changes to dates), you can consult the sites Ulg.asso.fr e Gravona-tourisme.com.
Source Image: Flickr.com/photos/bonajf