Summer enlivened by music: the Sorru in musica festival 2017
- Published: 5 July 2017
- Category: Events
When you say summer, the first thing that comes to mind is a vacation dedicated exclusively to sun, sea and relaxation. Especially if the destination is Corsica, the island of beauty. But you want to make your holiday special. This means listening to good music. And it’s just what can offer the 2017 edition of the Sorru in musica festival, which will take place from July 21st to 30th.
- Friday, July 21st: Vicu;
- Saturday, July 22nd: Letia San Roccu;
- Sunday, July 23rd: Rennu;
- Monday, July 24th: convent of Vicu;
- Tuesday, July 25th: Piana / Murzu;
- Wednesday, July 26th: a Soccia;
- Thursday, July 27th: Vicu;
- Friday, July 28th: convent of Vicu;
- Saturday, July 29th: Azzana / Coghja;
- Sunday, July 30th: convent of Vicu.
Here is where and when the several concerts will take place. During the scheduled appointments, famous musicians and young artists will perform. While the churches, the narrow streets and the squares of the villages will resound with the notes of classical and folk music.
How to get there
All the villages where the concerts will take place are in the region of Sorru, in western Corsica. The main town nearby, and one of the main ports for the ferries to Corsica, is Ajaccio.
Things to see
- Since the starting point is Ajaccio, what better occasion to visit the birthplace of Napoleon Bonaparte? In one day, you can see some of the most beautiful places in the city, such as the cathedral, the citadel, and Napoleon’s home.
- And since the event will take place in summer, there are all the conditions to enjoy some of the most beautiful beaches in Ajaccio and surroundings, such as Marinella, Saint-François and Isolella.
For further information about the 2017 edition of the Sorru in musica festival (complete program, tickets, any changes), you can visit the official website of the event, Sorru-in-musica.corsica.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/shivashenoy