Festivoce 2017: the musical contaminations of the Corsican tradition
- Published: 7-07-2017
- Category: Events
Art, culture, dance and music enrich the northern part of Corsica, thanks to the famous Festivoce festival. The 2017 edition will take place from July 10th to 13th.
Four days dedicated to music and to typical sounds of the Corsican tradition: this is Festivoce 2017. Its great success over the years has allowed the event to expand geographically, artistically and technically. Theatre, popular music (such as the famous polyphonic songs), improvisations and musical workshops are just some of the elements that will characterize the event.
The appointments of the 2017 edition:
- July 10th: Ghjesgia;
- July 11th: Giardinettu e Vaccaghja;
- July 12th: Corbara, Giardinettu and Vaccaghja;
- July 13th: Pigna.
How to get there
Once arrived in Ile-Rousse (one of the main ports for the ferries to Corsica), you have to take the D151 road towards south and follow the road signs to Pigna. The journey by car takes about twenty minutes. From Pigna, the other villages of Festivoce 2017 era easy to reach.
Not only music
During the days of Festivoce, don’t forget to:
- Discover the most beautiful beaches of north Corsica, such as Algajola, Plage de Lozari and Plage de Bodri;
- Visit the desert of Agriates, a very enchanting, wild and peculiar place on the island of beauty;
- Visit the citadel of Calvi, built on a promontory overlooking the sea.
For further information about the 2017 edition of Festivoce (complete program, tickets, any changes), you can visit the official website of the event, Centreculturelvoce.org.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/caroliencRelated articles