Fiera di l’alivu 2017: discover the oil, one of the typical flavours of Corsica
- Published: 28-06-2017
- Category: Events
The olive oil is one of the typical products of Corsica, with its unique flavor and fragrance. So important and so renowned that, every year, an event is dedicated to it: the Fiera di l’alivu. The 2017 edition will take place on July 15th and 16th in the village of Montemaggiore, part of Montegrosso.
During every edition, the Fiera di l’alivu attracts around 10,000 visitors, a sign of the fact that this event has become a very anticipated appointment. During the two days of the fair, you will have the possibility to taste the oils of the island’s best producers and taste the Corsican culinary specialties.
How to get there
Montegrosso is a small and picturesque village located in the northern part of the island of beauty. From Calvi, one of the main ports for ferries to Corsica, you only have to:
- Take the T30 road towards east;
- Take the D151 road and then the D451 road;
- Follow the road signs to Montegrosso.
The journey by car takes about twenty minutes.
Three ideas for excursions
- So, Calvi is really worth a visit, a city that has so much to offer in terms of sea and places to see, such as the citadel, the pro-Cathédrale Saint-Jean-Baptiste and the beach.
- It takes about thirty minutes by car to reach Ile-Rousse. It is famous especially for its beaches, such as Algajola and the town beach, where you can spend a day of total relaxation.
- Finally, driving towards east, you will reach one of the most peculiar places in Corsica: the desert of the Agriates.
For further information about the 2017 edition of the Fiera di l’alivu (complete program, tickets, any changes), you can visit these two websites, Oliudicorsica.fr and Foiresdecorse.com.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/15216811@N06Related articles