The 5 best places of Corsica for snorkeling: 5 dream beaches
- Published: 10-07-2015
- Category: Things to Do
Mask and snorkel are in the suitcase. And you have even chosen the destination of the holiday: it’s Corsica. Because your friends have spoken very, very highly of its coast. Now all you need is to know what are the best places on the island for snorkeling.
This small itinerary, so to speak, combines business with pleasure. In fact, we will take you to snorkel in some of the most beautiful beaches of Corsica. Places such these:
No slides are available in this gallery
- Lotu beach. It’s on the coast of Agriates desert, one of the wildest and most untouched of Corsica. Along the coast there are small rocks, ideal to discover with mask and snorkel. The beach can be easily reached from Ile-Rousse.
- Roccapina beach. It is located on the southwest coast of Corsica. It is a perfect beach, protected by two rocky cliffs that plunge into the sea. And it is precisely along these rocky cliffs that you can dive with mask and snorkel. Sartène is the most important town near the beach.
- Rondinara beach. Exactly half way between Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio, very easy to reach, Rondinara is located in a perfect crescent-shaped bay. On the sides there are two rock promontories covered with Mediterranean scrub. It has only one little flaw: it is always very crowded during summer.
- Palombaggia beach. This beach is near Porto Vecchio too, on the south coast. It is three kilometers long and there are several rocks that emerge from the water.
- Marinella beach. It’s near Ajaccio and its sea is a constant surprise.
These are the 5 best places of Corsica for snorkeling. Now you just need to arrange your holiday.