The Nights of Guitar 2017: Patrimonio rolling with music and magic
- Published: 26 May 2017
- Category: Events
Corsica is not just the island of beauty. In the summer, it even becomes the island of music when some of the most picturesque towns reverberates with notes, melodies and songs. Exactly what will happen in Patrimonio from 18 to 25 July 2017, when the new edition of Les nuits de la guitare, The Nights Of The Guitar will be held there.
- Tuesday 18th july: Noa / Asaf Avidan.
- Wednesday 19th july: Mariama Trio / LAMOMALI de M.
- Thursday 20th july, la Nuit des Tziganes: Guitar Family / Rosenberg Trio.
- Friday 21st july: Joanne Shaw Taylor / Rival Sons.
- Saturday 22nd july: Laurence Jones / Keziah Jones.
- Sunday 23rd july, la Nuit du Brésil: Yamandu Costa / Ed Motta.
- Monday 24th july: The NoFace / TRUST.
- Tuesday 25th july: A.Boyer & S. Giniaux / RENAUD (Phénix Tour).
How to get to the festival
From Bastia (one of the main harbours for ferries to Corsica), you should:
- Take the D81 westwards to Frecciasca;
- Once you arrive in Frecciasca, take the D333 following the road signs for Patrimonio.
Moving by car takes about half an hour.
Between music and suggestions
Patrimonio is just along the coast of what is called the “Corsica’s finger”, the north peninsula of the island. Concerts will be held generally in the afternoon and in the evening. While you wait for your favorite artist to perform, you can even:
- Relax on some of the finest beaches in Cap Corse, such as Plage de Tamarone and Anse d’Aliso;
- Visit Bastia, a city that has so much to offer in art and history.
For more information on the 2017 edition of The Nights of Guitar at Patrimonio (full program, tickets ad dates), please visit the official website of the event, Festival-guitare-patrimonio.com.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/fred_et_manu